At Hello Vans (we, us, Hello vans) we understand that your privacy is very important to you. That’s why we are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of all users of our websites.
Please read this entire policy carefully. When you are using our website/s, and services, you are agreeing to the practices described below.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), the data controller is HelloVans.com, part of Hello Services Ltd a company registered in England and Wales, with registered company number 12004893, whose registered office is Richmond Road Studios, 119 Richmond Road, Kingston Upon Thames, England, KT2 5BX.
If you find it difficult to understand any part of the privacy or policies below, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our commitment to privacy
Hellovans.com has established the following protection principles as guidelines
1. Lawfulness, fairness and transparency of data processing
Your personal data will be collected and processed in a legal, fair, and transparent manner.
2. Purpose and storage limitation
The personal data we collect serves an explicit and a legitimate purpose and will not be stored by us for any longer than is necessary.
3. Data minimisation
Any personal data that we use will be adequate, up to date, and only limited to what is necessary for us and our partners to provide any of the offered services.
The personal data we have on file will be the correct, complete, and updated (if necessary) information that you have personally provided us with. Suitable steps will be taken to ensure that inaccurate or incomplete data is either deleted, corrected, supplemented, or updated.
5. Confidentiality and data security
Your personal data will be treated as confidential, and will be kept secure by taking all suitable organisational and technical measures to prevent unauthorised access, illegal processing and distribution, as well as the accidental loss, modification, or destruction of your personal data.
How we may use your information
We use the information that you give us:
– to administer any account you may have with us;
– to manage your booking or respond to booking enquiry and to arrange the performance of services by your service provider;
– to occasionally provide you with co-branded and joint offerings in the form of products or services;
– to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
– to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
– to communicate with you about any comments, complaints, queries or feedback you might have about us or the Services;
– to give you the ability to interact with any service features on our website when you choose to do so, for instance with your online account and all of its features, our real-time chat service, our online booking system, and more;
– to notify you about any changes to our Terms or our Services, to communicate any information about your booking with you and to send you any account-related information and announcements;
– to ensure that content on our websites and our apps is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer and/or device;
– to provide you with information about goods and services we offer that we feel may interest you by post, telephone, SMS or email.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can also exercise this right at any time by accessing the preference centre in your online account or by contacting us using the contact details in paragraph Contact us below.
The General Data Protection Regulation also grants you the rights : to know about and access the information we hold about you, to request changes to your personal information if it is erroneous or misrepresents you in any way and to request a copy of your personal data, ask that we restrict the processing of your personal data, or to have us completely erase it.
Additionally, you can limit the personal information you share. The only way we collect personal information is when you provide it to us voluntary. You can choose to browse some parts of Hello Services Ltd.’ websites without ever, purchasing a service or otherwise submitting personal information to us. Any personal information that is given to us will generally be retained for as long as your account is active or for as long as it is necessary to provide a service or operate our business, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
If you have more questions or you want to exercise any of your rights, contact our team by sending an email to email@example.com. We will then review your request and get back to you within 30 days. You can also reach out to The Information Commissioner’s Office, who will be able to advise you on how to submit a complaint.
Hellovans.com understands that plans can change when moving and most of the times it’s not your fault.
For your convenience we have set out a 3 days cancellation policy which is:
If a job is cancelled within 3 days of the booking, then no refund will be issued. However, if you have given at least 72 hours’ notice then a full refund will be issued.
If you have booked online and paid with your card then the refund can only be processed to the card used when paid, refunds can take between 5-7 working days to appear on the card used when booked.
How to cancel a booking?
For us to be able to issue a full refund we need a formal cancellation notice, and this can be done using the following method of communication
A: by Calling our office number020 3633 8267
B: By emailing us at : firstname.lastname@example.org
C: by calling the service provider and confirm the cancelation with them.
If your contact Is made within 72 hours of the moving, then you will not be eligible for a refund.